into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Chile Open: Djere moves into the quarter-finals
Laslo Djere beat Riccardo Bonadio 7-5, 7-5 on Thursday and will play the winner of the match between Chilean wildcard Cristian Garin and Argentinian Sebastian Baez, the No 3 seed, in the next round
Serb Laslo Djere, the No 6 seed, won against Italian qualifier Riccardo Bonadio 7-5, 7-5 to move into the quarter-finals of the Chile Open at the Club Universidad Católica de San Carlos de Apoquindo in Santiago on Thursday evening.
Djere, ranked No 55, will play the winner of the match between Chilean wildcard Cristian Garin and Argentinian Sebastian Baez, the No 3 seed, next.
In the previous round of the Santiago Open, the Serb defeated Portuguese João Sousa (6-3, 6-2).
Bonadio, ranked No 182, won against Colombian Daniel Elahi Galan (6-3, 7-6 (5)).
Santiago ATP250, other second-round results (Club Universidad Católica de San Carlos de Apoquindo, clay, USD 642.735, most recent results first):
- Cristian Garin vs. Sebastian Baez: thursday in Santiago
- Tomas Martin Etcheverry vs. Francisco Cerundolo: thursday in Santiago
- Dusan Lajovic beat Juan Manuel Cerundolo (Q): 6-2, 2-6, 7-6 (2)
- Nicolas Jarry beat Diego Schwartzman (4): 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (2)
- Thiago Monteiro beat Marco Cecchinato: 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
- Jaume Munar beat Lorenzo Musetti (1): 6-4, 6-4
- Yannick Hanfmann (Q) beat Roberto Carballes Baena: 7-6 (6), 6-2