into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Dallas Open: Wolf makes quarter finals
J.J. Wolf won against Radu Albot 6-3, 7-6 (5)
JJ Wolf (Zuma/Panoramic)
Dallas Open •Round of 16 • completedSee draw
American J.J. Wolf, the No 6 seed, won against Radu Albot 6-3, 7-6 (5) to reach the last eight of the Dallas Open at the Styslinger/Altec Tennis Complex on Wednesday night.
Wolf, ranked No 43, will face the winner of the match between Mackenzie McDonald and second seed Frances Tiafoe next.
The American beat qualifier Brandon Holt (6-3, 6-3) ahead of his victory.
In the previous round of the Dallas tournament, Albot, ranked No 123, defeated American wildcard Liam Krall (2-6, 6-4, 6-2).
Dallas ATP250, other second-round results (Styslinger/Altec Tennis Complex, hard, USD 737.170, most recent results first):
- Oscar Otte vs. Marcos Giron : Thursday on Dallas
- Taylor Fritz vs. Jack Sock : Thursday on Dallas
- John Isner vs. Daniel Altmaier : Thursday on Dallas
- Jordan Thompson vs. Adrian Mannarino : Thursday on Dallas
- Emilio Gomez vs. Miomir Kecmanovic : Thursday on Dallas
- Denis Shapovalov vs. Yibing Wu : Thursday on Dallas
- Mackenzie McDonald vs. Frances Tiafoe : Thursday on Dallas