Khachanov cruises past Tiafoe in Wimbledon third round
Karen Khachanov serves his way into the Wimbledon fourth round on Friday. Check out all of the day’s other men’s results, as well.
Karen Khachanov is the first man through to the second week at Wimbledon after taking care of Frances Tiafoe 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 on Friday afternoon. Khachanov needed only one hour and 46 minutes to defeat an opponent against whom he had come back from two sets down to win their previous meeting at the All-England Club — also in the third round in 2018.
The 29th-ranked Russian did not drop serve once in the rematch and he did not even face a single break point. He served at 70 percent, won 81 percent of his first-serve points, and fired 13 aces compared to just two double-faults. Khachanov finished with 29 winners and 22 unforced errors.
Next up for the 25-year-old is either Dan Evans or Sebastian Korda, who are playing on Centre Court later on Friday.
- Seeds who have won on Friday: Novak Djokovic (1), Andrey Rublev (5), Roberto Bautista Agut (8), Cristian Garin (17), Karen Khachanov (25)
- Seeds who have lost on Friday: Diego Schwartzman (9), Dan Evans (22), Fabio Fognini (26)
- Notable men on the Friday schedule: Denis Shapovalov (10), Andy Murray
- To follow all the news of Wimbledon, visit this page
- To follow the matches live , see the men’s and women’s draws , we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Friday’s schedule at Wimbledon is available here
- And everything you need to know about the tournament (practical information, tickets, etc.) is available in this article.