into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Montpellier Open: 18-year old Fils through to the quarter-finals, defeating Bautista-Agut
Arthur Fils beat Roberto Bautista Agut 6-3, 6-4 on Wednesday evening
Arthur Fils, Montpellier 2023 | © JB Auissier / Panoramic
Open Sud de France •Round of 16 • completedSee draw
French wildcard Arthur Fils advanced to the first ATP Tour quarter finals of his career at the Montpellier Open by beating Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut, the No 4 seed, 6-3, 6-4 at the Sud de France Arena on Wednesday evening.
Fils, ranked No 163, will face the winner of the match between Spaniard Alejandro Davidovich Fokina, the No 5 seed, and Frenchman Quentin Halys next.
The 18-year-old Frenchman won against Richard Gasquet (7-5, 7-5) ahead of his victory.
Montpellier ATP250, other second-round matches (Sud de France Arena, hard, EUR 562.815, most recent results first):
- Nikoloz Basilashvili vs. Gregoire Barrere
- Holger Rune vs. Marc-Andrea Huesler
- Borna Coric vs. Arthur Rinderknech
- Lorenzo Sonego vs. Filip Krajinovic
- Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs. Quentin Halys
- Maxime Cressy vs. Emil Ruusuvuori
- Marton Fucsovics vs. Jannik Sinner