Ajla Tomljanovic takes out Jelena Ostapenko to reach Wimbledon round of 16.
Latvia’s Jelena Ostapenko powered into the round of 16, taking out Australia’s Ajla Tomljanovic.
- What happened: Unseeded Ajla Tomljanovic defeated Jelena Ostapenko in three sets to reach the second week at Wimbledon for the first time, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2.
- Key stat: Tomljanovic, the No 75-ranked Aussie, is back in the second week of a major for the first time since Roland-Garros in 2014.
- Key stat #2: Tomljanovic improves to 5-5 lifetime at Wimbledon with her win.
- Next opponent: Tomljanovic will face Emma Raducanu in the round of 16.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.