Alert: Poland’s Magda Linette stuns No 3 seed Elina Svitolina
Magda Linette topped No 3 seed Elina Svitolina at Wimbledon to make it six top-10 seeds out before the third round of the Ladies’ Singles draw.
- What happened: Poland’s Magda Linette stunned No 3 seed Elina Svitolina 6-3 6-4 in 65 minutes on Day 4 at Wimbledon.
- Key stat: Linette defeats a top-10 player in a completed match for the first time. She held serve in nine of ten service games and cracked 28 winners against 15 unforced errors against the former Wimbledon semi-finalist.
- Seed watch: Seven top-15 seeds – No.3 Svitolina, No.4 Kenin, No 5 Andreescu, No 6 Serena Williams, No 9 Bencic, No 10 Kvitova and No 15 Sakkari have failed to reach the third round of the Ladies’ Singles draw at Wimbledon.
- Next opponent: Linette will face No 30 seed Paula Badosa in the third round. Playing in her 24th major, Linette has yet to make the second week at a Slam.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.