Rybakina takes down Rogers to set Sabalenka round of 16 clash at Wimbledon
Kazakhstan’s Elena Rybakina rolled past Shelby Rogers in straight sets on Day 5 at Wimbledon to reach the round of 16.
- What happened: No 18 seed Elena Rybakina of Kazakhstan knocked off unseeded American Shelby Rogers to book her spot in Wimbledon’s round of 16, 6-1, 6-4.
- Key stat: The 21-year-old is making her Wimbledon main draw debut.
- Key stat #2: Rybakina has held serve in 26 of 27 service games at Wimbledon through three rounds.
- Acing debut: Rybakina has fired 22 aces and won 85 percent of first-serve points.
- Next opponent: Rybakina will face No 2 seed Aryna Sabalenka on manic Monday at Wimbledon.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.