Poland’s Hubert Hurkacz reaches maiden Grand Slam fourth round at Wimbledon
The 14th seeded Pole has yet to lose his serve in his first three rounds at the grass court major
- What happened: Hubert Hurkacz, the No 14 seed, scored a straight-sets win over Alexander Bublik 6-3, 6-4, 6-2 on Day 6 to reach the fourth round of Wimbledon
- Key stat: This is the first time that Hurkacz has advanced to the round of 16 at a Grand Slam
- Key stat #2: For the second match in a row, Hurkacz did not face a single break point against his serve in the match
- Key stat #3: The Pole has yet to lose his serve in his first three matches at Wimbledon this year and has faced a combined total of four break points on his serve.
- Masters Series winner: Hurkacz won the biggest title of his career at the Miami Masters Series event earlier this year.
- Next opponent: Hurkacz will face either second seed Daniil Medvedev or Marin Cilic, seeded 32nd, in the fourth round.
2021 WIMBLEDON LIVE UPDATES
- Seeds who have won on Saturday : (7) Matteo Berrettini, (23) Lorenzo Sonego
- Seeds who play on Saturday: (6) Roger Federer, (16) Felix Auger-Aliassime, (2) Daniil Medvedev vs (32) Marin Cilic, (4) Alexander Zverev vs (31) Taylor Fritz
- To follow all the news of Wimbledon, visit this page
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Friday’s schedule at Wimbledon is available here
- And everything you need to know about the tournament (practical information, tickets, etc.) is available in this article.