Alert: Top-seeded Barty defeats Krejcikova, snapping the Czech’s 15-match winning streak
Ashleigh Barty reached the Wimbledon quarter-finals for the first time, defeating 2021 Roland-Garros champion Barbora Krejcikova in straight sets.
- What happened: Australia’s Ashleigh Barty powered into her first Wimbledon quarter-final with a 7-5, 6-3 victory over Barbora Krejcikova.
- History for Australia? Barty is bidding to become the first Australian woman to win the Wimbledon title since Evonne Goolagong in 1980.
- Key stat: The top seed has won the Ladies’ Singles title 24 times in the Open Era, but not since 2016, when Serena Williams last claimed the title at SW19.
- Next opponent: Barty will face either Emma Raducanu or Ajla Tomljanovic in the last eight at Wimbledon.
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.