Van De Zandschulp beats Gasquet to reach fourth round at Wimbledon
After reaching the quarter-finals of the US Open and then the third round of the Australian Open and French Open, Botic van de Zandschulp is through to the last 16 at Wimbledon
Dutchman Botic van de Zandschulp, the No 21 seed, defeated Frenchman Richard Gasquet 7-5, 2-6, 7-6 (7), 6-1 to move into the last 16 of Wimbledon at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London on Saturday.
Gasquet, a former top 20 player and a two-time Wimbledon semi-finalist, had several chances in the match. The Frenchman had five set points at 5-3 in the first set but served three doubles faults; he also had a set point in the third set tiebreak but was unable to convert the same.
Van De Zandschulp, ranked No 25, continues his good run at the Grand Slams since his breakthrough at the US Open, where he reached the quarter-finals as a qualifier. Since then, he reached the third round at the Australian Open and Roland-Garros before his fourth round run here.
The Dutchman will play the winner of the match between Italian Lorenzo Sonego, the No 27 seed, and Spaniard Rafael Nadal, the second seed, next.
Wimbledon (Grand Slam), third-round matches (All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, grass)
- Cristian Garin beat Jenson Brooksby (29): 6-2, 6-3, 1-6, 6-4
- Cameron Norrie (9) beat Steve Johnson: 6-4, 6-1, 6-0
- Carlos Alcaraz (5) beat Oscar Otte (32): 6-3, 6-1, 6-2
- Jannik Sinner (10) beat John Isner (20): 6-4, 7-6 (4), 6-3
- Novak Djokovic (1) beat Miomir Kecmanovic (25): 6-0, 6-3, 6-4
- Tommy Paul (30) beat Jiri Vesely: 6-3, 6-2, 6-2
- David Goffin beat Ugo Humbert: 4-6, 7-5, 6-2, 7-5
- Frances Tiafoe (23) beat Alexander Bublik: 3-6, 7-6 (1), 7-6 (3), 6-4
- Tim van Rijthoven (WC) beat Nikoloz Basilashvili (22): 6-4, 6-3, 6-4
- Lorenzo Sonego vs. Rafael Nadal
- Nick Kyrgios vs. Stefanos Tsitsipas
- Alex Molcan vs. Taylor Fritz
- Brandon Nakashima vs. Daniel Elahi Galan
- Alex De Minaur vs. Liam Broady
- Jack Sock vs. Jason Kubler