Yulia Putintseva defeats Anhelina Kalinina for second career title at Hungarian Grand Prix
Yulia Putintseva raced past Anhelina Kalinina to claim her second ATP title at the Hungarian Grand Prix.
- What happened: Yulia Putintseva notched a 6-4, 6-0 triumph over first-time WTA finalist Anhelina Kalinina to claim her second career, and second on clay.
- Key stat: Putintseva won 21 of 34 second-serve return points and broke Kalinina’s serve five times. She won the final seven games of the final, completing her victory in 70 minutes.
- Stunning debut: Both players were making their tournament debut in Budapest.
- Two in a row: Putintseva, a former world No 27, has now won her last two WTA finals, both on clay. She won the trophy at Nurnberg in 2019, and previously had lost two finals – at St. Petersburg in 2017 and Guangzhou in 2018 – on hard courts.
- Follow Tennis Majors for all your tennis news here.
- Follow Tennis Majors features for in-depth analysis on the players you love.