into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Italian Open: Kudermetova reaches round of 16
Veronika Kudermetova won against Anastasia Potapova 7-5, 3-6, 6-1 on Saturday and will face the winner of the match between American Coco Gauff, the No 6 seed, and Czech Marie Bouzkova, the No 27 seed, in the next round
No 11 seed Veronika Kudermetova moved into the round of 16 at the Italian Open by winning against No 23 seed Anastasia Potapova 7-5, 3-6, 6-1 at the Foro Italico in Rome on Saturday.
Kudermetova, ranked No 12, will face the winner of the match between American Coco Gauff, the No 6 seed, and Czech Marie Bouzkova, the No 27 seed, next.
Kudermetova beat Spaniard Nuria Parrizas Diaz (7-5, 6-2) in the previous round of the Rome tournament.
During the 64 of the Rome tournament, Potapova, ranked No 25, won against Italian Elisabetta Cocciaretto (6-4, 6-4).
Rome WTA 1000, other round of 32 results (Foro Italico, clay, USD 3.572.618, most recent results first):
- Julia Grabher vs. Daria Kasatkina
- Barbora Krejcikova vs. Jelena Ostapenko
- Karolina Muchova vs. Camila Giorgi
- Paula Badosa vs. Marta Kostyuk
- Anna Kalinskaya vs. Elena Rybakina
- Maria Sakkari vs. Marketa Vondrousova
- Donna Vekic vs. Liudmila Samsonova
- Iga Swiatek vs. Lesia Tsurenko
- Coco Gauff vs. Marie Bouzkova
- Victoria Azarenka vs. Madison Keys
- Anna Bondar vs. Qinwen Zheng: saturday
- Beatriz Haddad Maia (12) beat Magda Linette (17): 7-5, 6-4
- Xiyu Wang beat Taylor Townsend (Q): 6-2, 0-6, 7-5
- Anhelina Kalinina (30) beat Sofia Kenin: 6-4, 6-2
- Camila Osorio (Q) beat Caroline Garcia (5): 6-4, 6-4