Tamara Zidansek claims maiden WTA title, defeating France’s Clara Burel in Lausanne final
Slovenia’s Tamara Zidansek rallied from a set and break down to defeat France’s Clara Burel in the final at Lausanne.
- What happened: Tamara Zidansek defeated Clara Burel from a set down in Sunday’s Ladies Open Lausanne final, 4-6, 7-6(5), 6-1.
- Key stat: 23-year-old Zidansek improves to 20-10 on the season, and 16-5 on clay in 2021.
- A first for Burel: Burel, a former junior No 1, reached her first WTA semi-final and final this week at Lausanne.
- Zidansek on the rise: Zidansek, who reached the Roland-Garros semi-finals in June, is projected to rise to a career-high ranking of 36 in next week’s WTA rankings. She finished 2020 ranked 87.
- Follow Tennis Majors for all your tennis news here.
- Follow Tennis Majors features for in-depth analysis on the players you love.