into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Open de Limoges: Blinkova reaches quarter-finals
Anna Blinkova won against Greet Minnen 7-6 (4), 7-5 on Tuesday evening and will play Romanian Ana Bogdan, the No 4 seed, in the next round
Russian Anna Blinkova reached the last 8 of the Open de Limoges by winning against Belgian Greet Minnen 7-6 (4), 7-5 at the Palais des Sports de Beaublanc on Tuesday evening.
Blinkova, ranked No 80, will face Romanian Ana Bogdan, the No 4 seed, next.
Ahead of her victory, the Russian beat American wildcard Sofia Kenin (6-4, 6-4).
Minnen, ranked No 216, defeated American Elizabeth Mandlik (6-4, 6-3) in the previous round of the Limoges Open.
Limoges WTA 125, other second-round results (Palais des Sports de Beaublanc, EUR 92.742, most recent results first):
- Lucia Bronzetti vs. Jana Fett
- Clara Burel vs. Erika Andreeva
- Audrey Albie vs. Varvara Gracheva
- Marta Kostyuk vs. Clara Tauson
- Shuai Zhang vs. Ekaterina Reyngold
- Jenny Lim vs. Anhelina Kalinina
- Ana Bogdan beat Katrina Scott: 6-3, 7-5