into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Raducanu battles past Wickmayer to reach quarter-finals in Seoul
Emma Raducanu beat Yanina Wickmayer 6-3, 7-5 on Thursday night. She’ll play Pole Magda Linette, the No 3 seed, in the next round
Emma Raducanu at the 2022 Western & Southern Open in Cincinnati Image Credit: AI / Reuters / Panoramic
Former US Open champion Emma Raducanu won against Belgian Yanina Wickmayer 6-3, 7-5 in the Seoul Open on Thursday to reach her third WTA Tour quarter-final of the year.
Sixth seed Raducanu, ranked No 77, will face Pole Magda Linette, the No 3 seed, next.
Raducanu defeated Japanese Moyuka Uchijima (6-2, 6-4) in the previous round of the Hana Bank Korea Open.
In the previous round of the Hana Bank Korea Open, Wickmayer, ranked No 460, beat Czech Linda Fruhvirtova (6-1, 6-4).
Seoul WTA 250, other second-round results (Seoul Olympic Park, hard, USD 251.750, most recent results first):
- Jelena Ostapenko vs. Anastasia Gasanova
- Lulu Sun (Q) beat Anna Blinkova: 6-4, 7-6 (6)
- Magda Linette beat Kristina Mladenovic: 4-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2
- Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva (LL) beat Rebecca Marino (8): 6-4, 6-2
- Ekaterina Alexandrova (2) beat Na-Lae Han (WC): 6-1, 6-3
- Tatjana Maria (7) beat Kimberly Birrell: 6-0, 6-3
- Lin Zhu (4) beat Ankita Raina (Q): 6-1, 6-3