into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
Vancouver Open: Grammatikopoulou through to last 8
Valentini Grammatikopoulou defeated Cadence Brace 7-5, 6-2 on Wednesday evening and will face the winner of the match between Frenchwoman Chloe Paquet and Heather Watson in the next round
Greek qualifier Valentini Grammatikopoulou moved into the quarter-finals of the Vancouver Open by winning against Canadian wildcard Cadence Brace 7-5, 6-2 at Hollyburn Country Club on Wednesday evening.
Grammatikopoulou, ranked No 239, will play the winner of the match between Frenchwoman Chloe Paquet and Heather Watson next.
The Greek defeated Australian Astra Sharma (6-2, 6-2) in the previous round.
In the first round, Cadence Brace won against American Claire Liu, the No 3 seed (6-3, 6-3).
Vancouver WTA 125, other second-round results (Hollyburn Country Club, hard, USD 115.000, most recent results first):
- Rebecca Peterson vs. Catherine Harrison
- Priscilla Hon vs. Lucia Bronzetti
- Maddison Inglis vs. Xinyu Wang
- Arianne Hartono vs. Emma Navarro
- Madison Brengle vs. Coco Vandeweghe
- Chloe Paquet vs. Heather Watson
- Victoria Jimenez Kasintseva vs. Jodie Burrage: wednesday