into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Auckland Open: Gasquet scores 590th career win to reach quarter-finals
Richard Gasquet defeated João Sousa 7-6 (2), 6-2 on Wednesday and will play either American qualifier Christopher Eubanks or Belgian David Goffin next
French veteran Richard Gasquet advanced to the quarter-finals of the Auckland Open by beating Portuguese lucky loser João Sousa 7-6 (2), 6-2 at the ASB Tennis Centre on Wednesday.
This was Gasquet’s 590th career win at the ATP level. Gasquet, ranked No 67, will face the winner of the match between American qualifier Christopher Eubanks and Belgian David Goffin next.
Earlier in the week, the 36-year-old Frenchman defeated Kiwi wildcard Kiranpal Pannu (6-3, 6-1). With that first round win, he now has won at least one ATP Main draw match for 22 consecutive years.
Auckland ATP 250, other second-round results (ASB Tennis Centre, hard, most recent results first):
- Jenson Brooksby beat Diego Schwartzman (3): 6-1, 0-0 ret.
- Marcos Giron beat J.J. Wolf: 6-4, 6-4
- Constant Lestienne vs. Gregoire Barrere
- Casper Ruud vs. Laslo Djere
- Christopher Eubanks vs. David Goffin
- Ben Shelton vs. Quentin Halys
- Jiri Lehecka vs. Cameron Norrie