into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Chile Open: Baez beats home favourite Garin to complete QF line-up in Santiago
The world No 35 defeated Cristian Garin 6-4, 6-3 on Thursday
Sebastian Baez | © Panoramic
Movistar Chile Open •Round of 16 • completedSee draw
Argentine Sebastian Baez, the No 3 seed, moved into the quarter-finals of the Chile Open by beating Chilean wildcard Cristian Garin 6-4, 6-3 at the Club Universidad Católica de San Carlos de Apoquindo in Santiago on Thursday.
Baez needed one hour and 23 minutes for the win, breaking his opponent three times in the match and not losing his serve during the contest.
The Argentine, ranked No 35 in the world, will face Serb Laslo Djere, the No 6 seed, next.
With this, the quarter-final line up in Santiago is set.
- Jaume Munar vs. Thiago Monteiro
- [SE] Nicolas Jarry vs. [Q] Yannick Hanfmann
-  Laslo Djere vs.  Sebastian Baez
- Dusan Lajovic vs. Tomas Martin Etcheverry
Santiago ATP250, other second-round results (Club Universidad Católica de San Carlos de Apoquindo, clay, USD 642,735)
- Tomas Martin Etcheverry beat Francisco Cerundolo (2): 6-3, 3-6, 6-3
- Laslo Djere beat Riccardo Bonadio (Q): 7-5, 7-5
- Dusan Lajovic beat Juan Manuel Cerundolo (Q): 6-2, 2-6, 7-6 (2)
- Nicolas Jarry beat Diego Schwartzman (4): 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (2)
- Thiago Monteiro beat Marco Cecchinato: 3-6, 6-3, 6-2
- Jaume Munar beat Lorenzo Musetti (1): 6-4, 6-4
- Yannick Hanfmann (Q) beat Roberto Carballes Baena: 7-6 (6), 6-2
You might also like this
Argentinian Baez ends 11-match losing streak to reach last 16 in Napoli
Cordoba Open: Baez delights home fans by winning second career singles title
Chile Open: Djere moves into the quarter-finals
Djokovic v Medvedev: Match-up, stats, track record, everything you need to know – updated after 2023 Dubai clash
Dubai Open: Medvedev sets up Djokovic blockbuster in semi-finals scoring 21 points in a row against Coric!!
From Carlitos to Alcaraz, episode 6: What next for the Spanish phenomenon and can anyone stop him from dominating the sport?