into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Montpellier Open: Coric books spot in quarter-finals
Borna Coric beat Arthur Rinderknech 6-3, 7-5 on Thursday and will face American Maxime Cressy in the next round
Open Sud de France •Round of 16 • completedSee draw
Croat Borna Coric, the No 3 seed, advanced to the last eight of the Montpellier Open by defeating Frenchman Arthur Rinderknech 6-3, 7-5 at the Sud de France Arena on Thursday.
Coric, ranked No 23, will face American Maxime Cressy next.
Rinderknech, ranked No 68, won against Italian qualifier Luca Nardi (6-4, 6-4) in the previous round of the Montpellier tournament.
Montpellier ATP250, other second-round results (Sud de France Arena, hard, EUR 562.815, most recent results first):
- Nikoloz Basilashvili vs. Gregoire Barrere
- Holger Rune vs. Marc-Andrea Huesler
- Lorenzo Sonego beat Filip Krajinovic: 7-5, 6-1
- Quentin Halys beat Alejandro Davidovich Fokina (5): 6-3, 6-3
- Maxime Cressy beat Emil Ruusuvuori (7): 6-4, 6-4
- Arthur Fils (WC) beat Roberto Bautista Agut (4): 6-3, 6-4
- Marton Fucsovics vs. Jannik Sinner