into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
Rotterdam Open: De Minaur beats Cressy to moves into quarter-finals
Alex De Minaur defeated Maxime Cressy 7-5, 3-6, 6-3 on Thursday afternoon and will play Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov in the next round
Tennis – Australian Open – Melbourne Park, Melbourne, Australia – January 17, 2023 Australia’s Alex De Minaur in action during his first round match against Taiwan’s Yu Hsiou Hsu (AI/Reuters/Panoramic)
ABN Amro Open •Round of 16 • completedSee draw
Australian Alex De Minaur won against American Maxime Cressy 7-5, 3-6, 6-3 to advance to the quarter-finals of the Rotterdam Open at the Rotterdam Ahoy on Thursday afternoon.
De Minaur, ranked No 25, will play Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov next.
The Australian defeated Russian Andrey Rublev, the second seed (6-4, 6-4) ahead of his victory.
In the previous round of the Rotterdam tournament, Cressy, ranked No 40, won against Dutch wildcard Tim van Rijthoven (6-3, 6-7 (2), 6-3).
Rotterdam ATP250, other second-round results (Rotterdam Ahoy, hard, EUR 2.074.505, most recent results first):
- Holger Rune vs. Gijs Brouwer
- Stefanos Tsitsipas vs. Jannik Sinner
- Daniil Medvedev (6) beat Botic van de Zandschulp: 6-2, 6-2
- Felix Auger-Aliassime (3) beat Gregoire Barrere (Q): 6-4, 6-3
- Tallon Griekspoor (WC) beat Alexander Zverev (8): 4-6, 6-3, 6-4
- Grigor Dimitrov beat Hubert Hurkacz (5): 7-6 (4), 7-6 (5)
- Stan Wawrinka beat Richard Gasquet: 6-3, 6-3