into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
San Diego Open: O’Connell advances to last eight
Christopher O’Connell won against J.J. Wolf 6-3, 7-5 on Thursday evening. He’ll face the winner of the match between Mackenzie McDonald and second seed Jenson Brooksby in the next round
Australian Christopher O’Connell advanced to the quarter-finals of the San Diego Open by beating American J.J. Wolf, the No 8 seed, 6-3, 7-5 at the Barnes Tennis Centre on Thursday evening.
O’Connell, ranked No 130, will play the winner of the match between Mackenzie McDonald and second seed Jenson Brooksby next.
The Australian benefited from the abandonment of Jason Kubler (4-6, 6-3) ahead of his victory.
In the previous round of the San Diego, Wolf, ranked No 73, won against Stefan Kozlov (6-2, 7-6 (6)).
San Diego ATP 250, other second-round results (Barnes Tennis Centre, hard, USD 612.000, most recent results first):
- Brandon Nakashima vs. Denis Kudla
- Daniel Evans vs. Taro Daniel
- Mackenzie McDonald vs. Jenson Brooksby
- Constant Lestienne vs. Alejandro Tabilo
- Daniel Elahi Galan vs. Pedro Martinez: thursday
- Marcos Giron (3) beat Tomas Martin Etcheverry: 6-4, 6-3
- James Duckworth (7) beat Mitchell Krueger (Q): 6-3, 7-6 (4)