Zverev makes little fuss of first-round match at Wimbledon
Alexander Zverev kicks off his 2021 Wimbledon campaign with an easy straight-set win over Tallon Griekspoor on Tuesday.
Alexander Zverev has endured a bad habit of making a mess of early-round matches at Grand Slams against lower-ranked opponents, often leaving him short on energy in the latter stages.
Zverev had no such trouble at Wimbledon on Tuesday. The sixth-ranked German dominated his first-round match against Tallon Griekspoor 6-3, 6-4, 6-1, needing only one hour and 29 minutes to advance.
- Seeds who won on Tuesday: Alexander Zverev (No 4), Diego Schwartzman (No 9), Dan Evans (No 22), Fabio Fognini (No 26)
- Seeds who lost on Tuesday: Alex de Minaur (No 15)
- Notable men on the Tuesday schedule (1st round): Daniil Medvedev (No 2), Roger Federer (No 6), Felix Auger-Aliassime (No 10), Pablo Carreno Busta (No 11), Gael Monfils (No 13), Hubert Hurkacz (No 14), Denis Shapovalov (No 16), Cristian Garin (No 17), Grigor Dimitrov (No 18), Ugo Humbert (No 21), Lorenzo Sonego (No 23), Cameron Norrie (No 29), Taylor Fritz (No 31), Marin Cilic (No 32), Nick Kyrgios, Lorenzo Musetti, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
- To follow all the news of Wimbledon, visit this page
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Tuesday’s schedule redefined is available here
- And everything you need to know about the tournament (practical information, tickets, etc.) is available in this article.