Your daily guide to tennis at the Olympics: Barty and Osaka headline women’s action on Sunday July 25
Ashleigh Barty and Naomi Osaka will lead the top 5 seeds in action on Day 2 of the women’s singles in Tokyo
- Seeded players in action (First round, round of 64) : (1) Ashleigh Barty vs Sara Sorribes Tormo, (2) Naomi Osaka vs Saisai Zheng, (3) Aryna Sabalenka vs Magda Linette, (4) Elina Svitolina vs Laura Siegemund, (5) Karolina Pliskova vs Alize Cornet, (7) Garbiñe Muguruza vs Veronika Kudermetova, (10) Petra Kvitova vs Jasmine Paolini, (12) Elise Mertens vs Ekaterina Alexandrova
- Other notable first-round matches on Saturday: Ons Jabeur vs Carla Suarez Navarro, Fiona Ferro vs Anastasija Sevastova, Elena Vesnina vs Jelena Ostapenko, Donna Vekic vs Caroline Garcia
- Matches start at 11:00 am local time (3:00 am London time, 10:00 pm Friday New York time, 7:00 pm Friday LA time). The full order of play for Sunday is here.
- To follow our full coverage of the tennis event at the Tokyo Olympics, please visit this page.
- To follow the results and to see the men’s draw and women’s draw, we recommend you follow the official Tokyo 2020 website
- Monday’s programme at the Tokyo Games will be updated here
- All the information you need – where the tournament is held, which surface is the tournament held on, and the defending champions, and other things you could possibly need to know – are hopefully on this page.