Your daily guide to tennis at the Olympics: Osaka headlines women’s action on Monday July 26
23-year-old Osaka opens proceedings on Day 3 at the Tokyo Olympics with a second-round clash against Wimbledon quarter-finalist Viktorija Golubic.
- Seeded players in action (Second round, round of 32) :
(2) Naomi Osaka vs Viktorija Golubic
(3) Aryna Sabalenka vs Donna Vekic
(4) Elina Svitolina vs Ajla Tomljanovic
(5) Karolina Pliskova vs Carla Suarez Navarro
(6) Iga Swiatek vs Paula Badosa
(7) Garbiñe Muguruza vs Qiang Wang
(8) Barbora Krejcikova vs Leylah Annie Fernandez
(10) Petra Kvitova vs Alison Van Uytvanck
(13) Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova vs Anna-Lena Friedsam
(14) Maria Sakkari vs Nina Stojanovic
(15) Elena Rybakina vs Rebecca Peterson.
- Other notable second-round matches on Monday:
Fiona Ferro vs Sara Sorribes Tormo
Elena Vesnina vs Camila Giorgi
- Matches start at 11:00 am local time (3:00 am London time, 10:00 pm Sunday New York time, 7:00 pm Sunday LA time). The full order of play for Monday is here.
- To follow our full coverage of the tennis event at the Tokyo Olympics, please visit this page.
- To follow the results and to see the men’s draw and women’s draw, we recommend you follow the official Tokyo 2020 website
- Tuesday’s programme at the Tokyo Games will be updated here
- All the information you need – where the tournament is held, which surface is the tournament held on, and the defending champions, and other things you could possibly need to know – are hopefully on this page.