Matteo Berrettini blasts past Aljaz Bedene
Matteo Berrettini cruised into week two with a decisive victory over Slovenia’s Aljaz Bedene.
- What happened: Italy’s Matteo Berrettini, the Queen’s Club champion, extended his current winning streak to eight matches with a 6-4, 6-4, 6-4 victory over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia.
- Key stat: Berrettini hammered 20 aces and 38 winners to win in one hour and 42 minutes.
- Key stat #2: Berrettini improves to 6-2 in third-round matches at the Grand Slams.
- Key stat #3: In the Open Era, 11 players have won both Queen’s Club and Wimbledon in the same season.
- Serving big: Berrettini has held serve in 47 of his 48 service games through three rounds at Wimbledon.
- Next opponent: Berrettini will face Jordan Thompson or Ilya Ivashka next.