After first round exit in Paris, Jabeur reaches last 16 at Wimbledon
Ons Jabeur beat French teen Diane Parry in straight sets and face either German Angelique Kerber or Belgian Elise Mertens in the fourth round
The Tunisian who climbed to No 2 in the world rankings for the first time on Monday will play either former Wimbledon champion Angelique Kerber or Belgian Elise Mertens, the No 24 seed, in the fourth round.
Jabeur has won all her matches in straight sets this week
After her disappointing first round exit at the French Open, Jabeur has now won three matches in a row at Wimbledon without dropping a set. Last year, the 27-year-old reached the quarter-finals at Wimbledon – her best result at a Grand Slam.
For 19-year-old Parry, it marked the second consecutive Major that she advanced to the third round of the tournament.
Wimbledon (Grand Slam), third-round matches (All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, grass)
- Jule Niemeier beat Lesia Tsurenko: 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
- Jelena Ostapenko (12) beat Irina-Camelia Begu: 3-6, 6-1, 6-1
- Harmony Tan vs. Katie Boulter
- Coco Gauff vs. Amanda Anisimova
- Magdalena Frech vs. Simona Halep
- Paula Badosa vs. Petra Kvitova
- Petra Martic vs. Jessica Pegula
- Qinwen Zheng vs. Elena Rybakina
- Ajla Tomljanovic vs. Barbora Krejcikova
- Iga Swiatek vs. Alize Cornet
- Shuai Zhang vs. Caroline Garcia
- Marie Bouzkova vs. Alison Riske
- Angelique Kerber vs. Elise Mertens
- Maria Sakkari vs. Tatjana Maria
- Heather Watson vs. Kaja Juvan