French Open finalists Krejcikova, Pavlyuchenkova keep rolling at Wimbledon
All of the notable women’s results on Day 4 at Wimbledon, including wins for Barbora Krejcikova and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.
French Open champion Barbora Krejcikova and runner-up Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova were Thursday’s first winners at Wimbledon. They picked up straight-set victories to punch their tickets to the third round at the All-England Club.
Krejcikova advanced by beating Andrea Petkovic 7-5, 6-4. The Czech, who also captured the women’s doubles title at Roland-Garros, converted four of five break points to prevail in one hour and 20 minutes.
Pavlyuchenkova made quick work of Kristyna Pliskova, cruising 6-3, 6-3 in one hour and seven minutes. The Russian struck 23 winners compared to only 16 unforced errors.
- Seeds who won on Thursday: Ashleigh Barty (No 1), Barbora Krejcikova (No 14), Anasatasia Pavlyuchenkova (No 16), Karolina Muchova (No 19), Coco Gauff (No 20), Angelique Kerber (No 25), Paula Badosa (No 30)
- Seeds who lost on Thursday: Elina Svitolina (No 3), Victoria Azarenka (No 12), Maria Sakkari (No 15), Daria Kasatkina (No 31)
- To follow all the news of Wimbledon, visit this page
- To follow the matches live , see the men’s and women’s draws , we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Thursday’s schedule at Wimbledon is available here
- And everything you need to know about the tournament (practical information, tickets, etc.) is available in this article.