into your inbox
Thousands have already subscribedy
WTA Hobart International: Kalinina sets up Kenin clash in quarter-finals
Anhelina Kalinina defeated Tatjana Maria 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 in the second round in Hobart
Ukraine’s Anhelina Kalinina, the No 5 seed, moved into the quarter-finals of the WTA Hobart International by winning against German Tatjana Maria 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 at the Domain Tennis Centre on Wednesday.
Kalinina, ranked No 40, will face former Australian Open champion Sofia Kenin for a spot in the semi-finals. Kenin defeated Belgian qualifier Maryna Zanevska 6-2, 6-3 in the second round.
In the previous round of the Hobart tournament, Kalinina defeated Canadian Rebecca Marino (6-2, 6-1) while Maria, ranked No 71, beat Australian wildcard Talia Gibson (6-3, 6-2) in her first round match.
Hobart WTA 250, other second-round results (Domain Tennis Centre, hard, USD 259,303, most recent results first):
- Elisabetta Cocciaretto beat Jasmine Paolini: 6-2, 6-1
- Bernarda Pera (6) beat Laura Siegemund: 6-4, 6-7 (3), 6-4
- Nuria Parrizas Diaz vs. Yulia Putintseva
- Xinyu Wang vs. Alison Van Uytvanck
- Marie Bouzkova vs. Anna Blinkova
- Sofia Kenin vs. Maryna Zanevska
- Lauren Davis vs. Ysaline Bonaventure: