10 questions about Hubert Hurkacz – Sporting family, Poland, Delray

partager

Hubert Hurkacz is one of the rising stars on the ATP Tour. From a talented family, he's already won two titles and is set to win many more. Here are 10 questions about the young Pole

When was Hubert Hurkacz born?

Hubert Hurkacz was born on February 11, 1997 in à Wroclaw, Poland. He still lives in his home town.

How tall is he?

The Pole measures 6ft 5in (1.96m) tall and weighs 81kg according to the official ATP Tour website.

Who are the parents of Hubert Hurkacz?

The parents of Hubert Hurkacz are Krzysztof Hurkacz and Zosia Maliszewska-Hurkacz. His mother was the No 1 junior in Poland and his uncles also played tennis, while his grandfather was an international volleyball player.

“The (sporting) genes, the motivation in the family, the love for the sport. I think they have helped me a lot,” he said, according to lastwordonsports.com.

Does he have brothers and sisters?

Hubert Hurkacz he has a little sister, Nika, who also plays tennis and is hoping to be a professional. She is 10 years younger than Hubert.

When did he start playing tennis?

Hubert Hurkacz began playing tennis at the age of 5. Watching his mother play tennis made him want to do the same thing.

When did he begin his professional career?

Hubert Hurkacz turned professional in 2015. He played his first match in a Davis Cup tie in 2016 against Argentina. Then ranked No 602, he played Renzo Olivo, the world No 167, in a dead rubber. On the Tour, his first success came in 2018, in the first round at Roland-Garros, where he beat the American, Tennys Sandgren. Hurkacz won his first ATP Tour title in Winston-Salem in 2019, becoming the second Polish man in history to win an ATP event, after Wojtek Fibak. Since, he has won a second title, at Delray Beach in 2021

Hubert Hurkacz, Delray Beach 2021

Who is his coach?

His coach is the American, Craig Boynton, who coached Jim Courier, Mardy Fish, John Isner and still coaches Steve Johnson.

What is his best result at a Grand Slam?

As of January 2021, his best result at a Grand Slam event was reaching the third round at Wimbledon in 2019. Hubert Hurkacz was beaten by the eventual champion Novak Djokovic, but not before he had taken a set.

Is Hubert Hurkacz active on social media?

Yes, the Pole is active on social media. He has an Instagram account where he is followed by 38,000 people. He posts regularly, mostly photos of himself on the court. Hubert Hurkacz also has a Twitter accountr, with 16,000 followers. His Facebook page has 32,000 followers.

What makes Hubert Hurkacz special on the court?

As we are taught to keep our eyes on the ball when hitting, Hubert Hurkacz… closes his eyes!

“I confess, it’s true, I close my eyes when I hit the ball. In fact, I’ve probably always played like that, and it’s been a while since I’ve been noticed. I know it might help me sometimes to open my eyes when I hit the ball. So maybe in the future I’ll try to make a change,” he told L’Equipe in 2019

Hubert Hurkacz, ATP Cup 2020

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More News

Exclusive contents (video, behind-the-scene stories...), meetings with champions, tech advices, fresh news & datas... Subscribe to tennismajors.com,the ultimate platform for tennis lovers