Lyon Open: Holger Rune moves into last eight
Holger Rune defeated Adrian Mannarino on Wednesday and will face the winner between American lucky loser Michael Mmoh and Frenchman qualifier Manuel Guinard in the next round
Dane Holger Rune defeated Frenchman Adrian Mannarino 6-4, 6-3 to advance to the quarter-finals of the Lyon Open at Parc de la Tête d’or on Wednesday.
Holger Rune, ranked No 40, will face the winner of the next match between American lucky loser Michael Mmoh and Frenchman qualifier Manuel Guinard in the quarter-finals.
In the previous round, the 19-year-old Dane defeated Arthur Rinderknech (7-6 (7-4], 7-6 (7-3).
Mannarino, ranked No 73, had beaten Russian Aslan Karatsev, the No 6 seed (7-6 , 6-4) in the previous round.
Lyon ATP 250: Other second-round results (Parc de la Tête d’or, clay, EUR 597.900):
- Alex Molcan beat (5) Karen Khachanov: 6-2, 7-6 
- Federico Coria beat (2) Pablo Carreno Busta: 7-5, 6-3
- Alex De Minaur (4) beat Ugo Humbert: 1-6, 6-3, 6-2
- Cameron Norrie (1) beat Francisco Cerundolo: 6-4, 6-4
- Sebastian Baez (7) beat Oscar Otte: 5-7, 6-4, 6-2
- Yosuke Watanuki (LL) beat Soon Woo Kwon: 6-3, 6-4