2018 Wimbledon champion Angelique Kerber is back in the second week
Angelique Kerber is back in Wimbledon’s round of 16 for the sixth time after defeating Aliaksandra Sasnovich in three sets on Day 6.
- What happened: Angelique Kerber, the No 25 seed, rallied to defeat Aliasksandra Sasnovich 2-6, 6-0, 6-1 on Day 6 to reach round of 16.
- Key stat: Kerber won 12 of the final 13 games to increase her current winning streak to eight.
- Key stat #2: The 33-year-old German improves to 34-11 lifetime at Wimbledon with her victory.
- Key stat #3: Kerber won 22 of 23 first-serve points in sets two and three.
- Former champ: Kerber is the only former Wimbledon singles champ remaining in the women’s draw. She won the title in 2018 and reached the final in 2016.
- Next opponent: Kerber will face either 20th-seeded Coco Gauff or Kaja Juvan in the round of 16.
2021 WIMBLEDON LIVE UPDATES
- Seeds who have won on Saturday : Angelique Kerber (20), Paola Badosa (30), Karolina Muchova (19), Cori Gauff (20)
- Seeds who play on Saturday: Ashleigh Barty (1), Barbora Krejcikova (14)
- Seeds who lost on Saturday : Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (16)
- To follow all the news of Wimbledon, visit this page
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Friday’s schedule at Wimbledon is available here
- And everything you need to know about the tournament (practical information, tickets, etc.) is available in this article.