into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
Alert: Novak Djokovic wins Wimbledon, ties Federer and Nadal on the all-time Grand Slam titles list with 20
Novak Djokovic defeated Matteo Berrettini for the Wimbledon title to claim his 20th major title and keep alive his quest to win the calendar-year Grand Slam.
- What happened: Novak Djokovic battled from a set down to win the Wimbledon title, defeating Matteo Berrettini 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-4, 6-3.
- Key stat: With the victory, Djokovic draws level with Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal on the all-time Grand Slam titles list, with 20.
- Wimbledon six-pack: Djokovic claims his sixth Wimbledon title, moving into sole possession of fourth place on the all-time Wimbledon men’s singles titles list, behind only Federer (8), William Renshaw (7) and Pete Sampras (7).
- Calendar Slam ? Djokovic has become the first male to win the first three Grand Slams of the tennis season since Rod Laver in 1969. The World No.1 has won 21 straight matches at the Grand Slams.
- Wimbledon three-peat: Djokovic becomes the fourth player to win three consecutive titles at Wimbledon. The 2018, 2019 and 2021 champion joins a list that includes Roger Federer, Bjorn Borg and Pete Sampras
- 20-plus club: Djokovic becomes the sixth tennis player to have captured at least 20 major singles titles, joining Margaret Court (24), Serena Williams (23), Steffi Graf (22), Roger Federer (20) and Rafael Nadal (20).
- To follow the matches live, see the men’s and women’s draws, we recommend that you visit the official tournament website.
- Follow all our Wimbledon news here.