Tomljanovic upsets former French Open champ Krejcikova to reach last 16 at Wimbledon
One year after reaching the quarter-finals, Ajla Tomljanovic is into the fourth round where she will play world No 1 Iga Swiatek or Alize Cornet
One year after reaching the quarter-finals, Australia’s Ajla Tomljanovic advanced into the round of 16 at Wimbledon with a three set win over former French Open champion Barbora Krejcikova in three sets at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London on Saturday.
The 29-year-old Tomljanovic came from a set down to upset the 13th seeded Krejcikova 2-6, 6-4, 6-3 in two hours and seven minutes on Court 12.
Last year, Tomljanovic reached the quarter-finals of a Grand Slam for the first time in her career and she is now one win away from replicating that feat this year.
Up next for her is the winner of the match between world No 1 Iga Swiatek and Frenchwoman Alize Cornet.
Wimbledon (Grand Slam), third-round results
(All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, grass)
- Harmony Tan beat Katie Boulter (WC): 6-1, 6-1
- Caroline Garcia beat Shuai Zhang (33): 7-6 (3), 7-6 (5)
- Marie Bouzkova beat Alison Riske (28): 6-2, 6-3
- Elise Mertens (24) beat Angelique Kerber (15): 6-4, 7-5
- Tatjana Maria beat Maria Sakkari (5): 6-3, 7-5
- Ons Jabeur (3) beat Diane Parry: 6-2, 6-3
- Heather Watson beat Kaja Juvan: 7-6 (6), 6-2
- Jule Niemeier beat Lesia Tsurenko: 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
- Jelena Ostapenko (12) beat Irina-Camelia Begu: 3-6, 6-1, 6-1
- Paula Badosa vs. Petra Kvitova
- Petra Martic vs. Jessica Pegula
- Iga Swiatek vs. Alize Cornet
- Magdalena Frech vs. Simona Halep
- Coco Gauff vs. Amanda Anisimova
- Qinwen Zheng vs. Elena Rybakina