into your inbox
Thousand have already subscribedy
First-ever Slam fourth round for Britain’s Heather Watson, through to last 16
Heather Watson won against Kaja Juvan 7-6 (6), 6-2 on Friday afternoon and will play German Jule Niemeier in the next round
Heather Watson reached the last 16 of Wimbledon by winning against Slovenian Kaja Juvan 7-6 (6), 6-2 at the All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club in London on Friday.
Watson, ranked No 121, will play German Jule Niemeier next.
The 30-year-old defeated German Tamara Korpatsch (6-7 (7), 7-5, 6-2) and Chinese Qiang Wang (7-5, 6-4) earlier in the tournament.
In the previous rounds, Juvan, ranked No 62, beat Brazilian Beatriz Haddad Maia, the No 23 seed (6-4, 4-6, 6-2) and Hungarian Dalma Galfi (7-5, 6-3).
London (Grand Slam), other third-round results (All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club, grass, GBP 40.350.000, most recent results first):
- Harmony Tan vs. Katie Boulter
- Coco Gauff vs. Amanda Anisimova
- Magdalena Frech vs. Simona Halep
- Paula Badosa vs. Petra Kvitova
- Petra Martic vs. Jessica Pegula
- Qinwen Zheng vs. Elena Rybakina
- Ajla Tomljanovic vs. Barbora Krejcikova
- Iga Swiatek vs. Alize Cornet
- Shuai Zhang vs. Caroline Garcia
- Marie Bouzkova vs. Alison Riske
- Angelique Kerber vs. Elise Mertens
- Maria Sakkari vs. Tatjana Maria: friday
- Ons Jabeur (3) beat Diane Parry: 6-2, 6-3
- Jule Niemeier beat Lesia Tsurenko: 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
- Jelena Ostapenko (12) beat Irina-Camelia Begu: 3-6, 6-1, 6-1