Your daily guide to tennis at the Olympics: Swiatek and Krejcikova headline women’s action on Saturday July 25
Reigning French Open champion Barbora Krejcikova and last year’s winner in Paris Iga Swiatek headline the women’s tennis action on Day 1 of the Tokyo Games
- Seeded players in action (1st round, Round of 64) : (6) Swiatek – Barthel, (8) Krejcikova – Diyas, (9) Bencic – Pegula, (13) Pavlyuchenkova – Errani, (14) Sakkari – Kontaveit, (15) Rybakina – Stosur, (16) Bertens – Vondroussova.
- Other notable matches scheduled on Saturday : Doi – Zarazua, Fernandez – Yastremska, Badosa-Mladenovic, Barty/Sanders – Hibino/Ninomiya, Cornet/Ferro – Svitolina/Yamstremska.
- Matches start at 11:00 am local time (3:00 London time, 10:00 pm Friday New-York time, 7:00 pm Friday LA time). The full order of play is here.
- To follow our full coverage of the tennis event at the Tokyo Olympics, please visit this page.
- To follow the results and to see the men’s draw and women’s draw, we recommend you follow the official Tokyo 2020 website
- Tomorrow’s programme at the Tokyo Games will be updated here
- All the information you need – where the tournament is held, which surface is the tournament held on, and the defending champions, and other things you could possibly need to know – are hopefully on this page